The Committee for Riverside Bowling Green were formed at meetings held in September and November 1920. The recommended site was Queenshaugh. In January 1921 the name of Riverside Bowling Green was formed and on the 1st February 1921, Riverside Bowling Club held their first General Meeting with Mr Robert McIntyre being appointed as the first President. Plans for a clubhouse were submitted early 1921 and over the rest of the year and the beginning of the following year contractors were appointed to construct the green and clubhouse. The Opening of Riverside Bowling Green was held on 3rd June 1922, with Mrs McIntyre declaring the green open with the help of Provost McCulloch
A Picture from the past – but when?